In water damage, Time is of the Essence. That’s why Restoration One utilizes the latest equipment and technology known in the ever changing water damage industry.
Within 24-48 hours bacteria can begin to grow and a musty smell becomes apparent along with possibility of mold growth forming in wet areas.
- Prop up furniture with Styrofoam or move to a dry area if possible. In less than an hour, stains from furniture can permanently discolor carpet.
- Remove doors and store in a dry place to increase airflow throughout the affected area. Anything in contact with water begins to swell and/or delaminate dependent on the type of material.
- Be especially careful of wet overhead drywall, as it loses its strength when wet.
- As water evaporates it causes an abnormal humidity condition. High humidity can damage some porous organic materials if allowed to continue. Rapid drying will help reduce the likelihood of permanent damage.
- Consult a professional Water Damage Company to assess the situation and form a protocol to return the affected area to a pre-loss condition.
Call 765-659-0600 for Immediate Assistance